RE: Are Small Text buttons level 2 compliant

From: Anne Pemberton <apembert@crosslink.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 17:45:09 -0700
To: "Poehlman, David" <David.Poehlman@usmint.treas.gov>, "'Kynn Bartlett'" <kynn@idyllmtn.com>, "'Kynn Bartlett'" <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>, "Leonard R. Kasday" <kasday@ACM.org>, Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org, WAI ER group <w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org>, WAI UA group <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
At 01:28 PM 9/26/00 -0400, Poehlman, David wrote:
>I explained this in the message.  what I disagree with is that the text can
>be small.  some people have low enough vision that they need larger text but
>not use assistives to achieve it.

Isn't this like saying some people need glasses but are too vain to wear
them?  The advantage of the small text and small buttons is that these
elements can be present on a page without taking up space needed to present
the meat of the page on the opening screen.

					Anne
Anne L. Pemberton
http://www.pen.k12.va.us/Pav/Academy1
http://www.erols.com/stevepem/Homeschooling