Re: Are Small Text buttons level 2 compliant

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 09:18:54 -0700
To: "Leonard R. Kasday" <kasday@acm.org>, Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Cc: "w3c-wai-gl@w3.org" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>, WAI ER group <w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org>, WAI UA group <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
At 12:08 PM -0400 9/26/00, Leonard R. Kasday wrote:
>There are some buttons that can't be formatted this way, e.g. if the
>text is written around the circumference of a circle.  But in that
>case the page can't get a double A rating, IMHO.

Do "pages" get ratings or does "content" get rating?  It's entirely
possible to have a specific _page_ which is not "double-A accessible"
but the _content_ is still accessible.

(I make this point now as a reminder that the bigger picture may
be whether or not the information is accessible, and not whether
one particular component is accessible.  A "page" is just one
component of the "content" just as a specific section of a page or
an applet is a component.  Of course, remember my perspective --
Edapta is all about making adaptive user interfaces. *grin*)

--Kynn
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
http://www.kynn.com/