Voice Browser Patent

From: Leonard R. Kasday <kasday@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 16:00:39 -0400
To: patent-issues@w3.org
Cc: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org, w3c-wai-cg@w3.org, w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org, lorrie@research.att.com
A patent was recently issued on a method for (among other things) scanning
web pages by voice.  Details are on the www-voice list:

I'm the inventor.   AT&T (who was my employer when I did the work) holds
the rights.    The AT&T rep to w3c, Lorrie Cranor, and I coordinated so
you're getting just this one posting here.

Please post any general discussion, when appropriate, to the
www-voice@w3.org list to keep in in one place.  (That's the public list,
not the wg list).

(Note: you'll need to subscribe to www-voice for your posting to be
accepted.  Instructions from http://www.w3.org/Voice/ are as follows: