Re: Request for clarification about text/color controlresolution (4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4)

Jon Gunderson wrote:

> >4.1 Allow the user to configure and control
> >     the size of paragraph text. Make available the
> >     range of system font sizes.
>
> JRG: Why not just use "all text" rather than "paragraph text" like in your
> proposal for 4.2 below?

What if I configure the text size to be "12pt" as allowed
by my Netscape Navigator? What does 12pt refer to? Not
all text, then headings would be the same size as
paragraph text and so forth.

So either the user can specify one text size and we should
say what that one size applies to. Or the user should be
able to specify N text sizes to N different element types.
And that's what I don't want to require of the user agent
as a P1 requirement. (More precisely, I don't think that
that's what the current 4.1 requires. If we want to
require N different text size configurations, then we should
need to discuss that further).

The difference with 4.2 is that it does make sense to
apply a font family (e.g., Arial) to all text, whatever element
it comes from. Of course, you might want finer control than
that, but the current 4.2 only makes a global requirement.

 - Ian