RE: Proposal: Single command input and edits to checkpoints abo ut "easy access" (2.3 and 10.8)

From: Poehlman, David <David.Poehlman@usmint.treas.gov>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 12:00:09 -0400
To: "'Jon Gunderson'" <jongund@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>, w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
I like this.

jg-I think the concept of "single command" as proposed by Ian [1] is a
unique
concept to the keyboard and I proposed that like checkpoint 1.3 that
checkpoint 10.5 be only about the keyboard.  I propose that we say that
checkpoint 10.5 is a special case of both checkpoint 10.4 and checkpoint
1.3.  This way we can use the term "single command" to mean a more generic
command in checkpoints we talk about configuration and single command would
include concepts like a speech utterance, key press with or without a
modifier key, or clicking an object with a mouse.  In checkpoint 10.5 we
can use the term "single key press" and make it clear that this is without
a modifier key.

What do people think?

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000JulSep/0134.html
MC-574