Frequently used functionalities in 10.8 [Was Re: Proposal: Single command input and edits to checkpoints about "easy access" (2.3 and 10.8)]

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 23:18:15 -0400
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Ian Jacobs wrote:

>   <NEW>
>        10.8 Ensure that the default input configuration
>             offers single or double command access
>             to functionalities the user is likely to use
>             frequently.
>           Note: For example, the default configuration
>           might allow history navigation with arrow keys
>           alone, modified arrow keys (e.g., Alt-left arrow)
>           or both.
>   </NEW>

I forgot to add something here. Per the resolution of the
13 July teleconference [1], checkpoint 10.5 (as numbered
in the July draft [2]) is to include a list of required
functionalities. I propose that we define "functionalities
the user is likely to use frequently" to be that
of functionalities.

 - Ian

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000JulSep/0056.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/WD-UAAG10-20000707/

Tel:                         +1 831 457-2842