W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-ua@w3.org > July to September 2000

AGENDA: W3C WAI User Agent Telecon 24 July 2000

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@uiuc.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 17:00:42 -0500
Message-Id: <4.3.1.2.20000721165838.012d8ef8@staff.uiuc.edu>
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
WAI UA Telecon for July 24th, 2000

Chair: Jon Gunderson
Date: Monday, 24 July
Time: 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time, USA
Call-in: Longfellow Bridge (+1) (617) 252-1038

Agenda

Review Action Items (see below)

Announcements

none

Discussion

    1.Issue 257: Minimum requirement for checkpoint 10.4: Allow the user to 
change the input configuration. [Priority 2]
      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000JulSep/0082.html

    2.Issue 290: Understanding the phrase "turn on/off"
      http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#290

    3.Issue 287: Proposed clarification to checkpoints 3.3, 3.5, 3.6 
(on/off video, blink, etc.) [note: part of issue 290]
      http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#287

    4.Issue 291: Checkpoint 4.16: A Guidelines conflict: All content versus 
Limited Viewports
      http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#291

    5.Issue 292: Review list of speech synthesizer characteristics 
(checkpoint 4.11)
      http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#292

    6.PR#293: Is the UA responsible for control of timed 
presentationscreated by scripts?
      http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#293

    7.PR#295: Repair functionalities required / relationship to conformance 
to other specs.
      http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#295

    8.PR#296: Proposed to add "control" to checkpoints 4.2 (font family), 
and 4.3/4.4 (colors).
      http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#296

    9.PR#297: Style v. content and background sounds.
      http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#297

   10.PR#298: Navigation of active elements / some elements inactive at times.
      http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#298

   11.PR#299: Definitive list of important elements for known markup 
languages?
      http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#299

   12.PR#300: Proposed edits to checkpoints about link information (8.6, 8.7)
      http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#300

   13.PR#301: Clarification about meaning of checkpoint 8.8 (focus / 
selection)
      http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#303

   14.PR#302: Definition of "recognize" needs review.
      http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#302

   15.PR#303: For those checkpoints which talk about sets of elements, 
provide definitive set for html?
      http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#303

   16.PR#304: Change percentage back to proportion.
      http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#304

   17.PR#305: What is definition of "stalled"
      http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#305

   18.PR#306: Does requirement for relative position of a viewport include 
horizontalposition?
      http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#306

   19.PR#307: General advice about implementation of optional features of a 
specification.

   20.Issue 257: Other minimal requirements part of issue PR#257 (No 
proposals)
           Checkpoint 9.3: Configuration of notification.

   21.PR#294: Native support and downloadable modules
      http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#294

Open Action Items

    1.IJ: Draft a preliminary executive summary/mini-FAQ for developers. 
(No deadline.)

    2.IJ: Add to note on checkpoint 8.1 the important cases that this 
checkpoint must provide information through the user interface

    3.IJ: Update document with resolutions from 7/13/00 telecon

    4.IJ: Check usage of multi-media in document

    5.IJ and EH: Propose definitions for what "presentation" and content means

    6.IJ: Formalize distinctions between "one step" and "one command" 
defnitions
    7.EH: Send comments on definitions of "primary content" to the list for 
consideration by the group

    8.GR: Re-examine the orientation checkpoints and see whether they can 
be clarified to account for control of rendering of audio (and possibly 
other content) on
      load.

    9.HB: Review note for checkpoint 8.1

   10.KB: Propose new wording for natural language checkpoint



Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
Coordinator of Assistive Communication and Information Technology
Division of Rehabilitation - Education Services
MC-574
College of Applied Life Studies
University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign
1207 S. Oak Street, Champaign, IL  61820

Voice: (217) 244-5870
Fax: (217) 333-0248

E-mail: jongund@uiuc.edu

WWW: http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~jongund
WWW: http://www.w3.org/wai/ua
Received on Friday, 21 July 2000 17:59:51 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 27 October 2009 06:50:14 GMT