Re: request for intergroup coordination

Jon Gunderson wrote:

> Ian,
> A requirement in the UA guidelines (if any) would be a special case
> checkpoints of checkpoint 7.6.  Two potential checkpoints would deal with
> directly moving to the list of navigation links and/or skipping them.  For
> example:
>
> "Provide one step access to the collection of links that have been
> identified by the author for navigation [Priority 3]"

The UA issues list includes a new issue 303 [1]. This issue will
involve a proposal to list explicitly for checkpoint 7.6 those
elements in HTML 4 we mean. This list would include MAP. Therefore,
I don't think a new checkpoint is necessary since the user can
get to the MAP as part of structured navigation. I don't know why
one-step navigation to a MAP is more important than one-step
navigation to H1s.

[1] http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#303

> "Provide a one step to skip a collection of navigational links that have
> been identified by the author [Priority 3]"

This is also part of checkpoint 7.6 as is since you can simply move
to the next main element away from the MAP.

 - Ian