Re: PROPOSAL: Minimum requirements for checkpoint 4.14

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 02:33:50 -0400
To: Jon Gunderson <jongund@uiuc.edu>
CC: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Jon Gunderson wrote:

> To make the minimum requirements for checkpoint 4.14 simpler, I suggest the
> following change to limit the scope of the checkpoint to only changing
> colors and border style:
>
> <OLD>
> 4.14 Allow the user to configure how the content focus is highlighted
> (e.g., foreground and background color). [Priority 1]
> </OLD>
>
> <NEW>
> 4.14 Allow the user to configure the color and border used to highlight
> content focus. Make available the range of system colors and the border
> styles specified by CSS. [Priority 1]
> </NEW>

I would like to make the same requirement as for the selection: The UA
needs to use one mechanism other than colors to implement the focus. We
might
add one additional requirement - the mechanisms used for the focus and
the selection
need to be distinguished.

Tel:                         +1 831 457-2842