Re: Question about access to ALL content - UAAG 2.1 P1

I don't think that providing a source view solves the problem. It requires
the user to understand the markup language being used, which is not
necessarily the case, and has thus far been explicitly excluded as a
requirement on the user.

In addition, there are only some attributes which are actually content for
the user (title and alt are the main ones but I suspect there are a couple of
others somewhere). longdesc, most of the attributes for object, name, id, and
others are relevant to the User Agent but not directly to the user (except as
a repair strategy for dealing with user agents that don't implement the
relevant specifications) and exposing this information is not required, nor
in many cases very helpful.

In general having the ability to render the source is only relevant to "power
users" who are able to interpret (and therefore write) the markup language,
which is a small subset of those who read content. With the advent of decent
authoring tools this will in fact diminish - how many people can read RTF or
Word binary format?

cheers

Charles McCN