Re: notes on at interaction with uas

David,
My preference is that we talk about the timing of exchanging of information
and the synchronization/control of event notification issues in the
checkpoints that deal with the exchange of information and notification of
events.  I thnik this is the simplest way to deal with the issue and still
make developers aware of the issues.  I think we should state the issues as
an important part of implementing these checkpoints and include known
techniques in the techniques document.  But Ian wants to propose a
checkpoint to the group and we will wait and see what he or other group
members come up with during the next week.

Jon

At 09:41 AM 2/24/00 -0500, David Poehlman wrote:
>I wrote these yesterday but wanted to make sure to review the minutes
>before posting to avoide possible redundancy.
>1>  splitting dynamic and static may result in half inplementation.
>even though it might be considered that static be p2, a case can be
>made for it being p1.  I cannot make that case as well as perhaps gg
>or hans might or another at developer. Rich may be able to help with
>this too.  They are often one entity.
>2> I got it from gg finally that we have two concerns.  one is getting
>the process in the same manner and at the same <time> as the ua and
>the other is being able to perform manipulations on the document and
>provide timely rendering in at.
>

>I think it can then be expressed this way in a checkpoint or almost
>this way:
>Provide ats with the ability to access and manipulate the document at
>the same performance level as that for the ua.
>
>Thoughts?
>
>--
>Hands-On Technolog(eye)s
>ftp://ftp.clark.net/pub/poehlman