Re: PROPOSAL: User Agent Issue 190: Reduce the scope of 5.1 to say "write access only for that which you can do through the UI."

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 20:21:02 -0500 (EST)
To: schwer@us.ibm.com
cc: Jon Gunderson <jongund@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, w3c-wai-ua@w3.org, w3c-wai-pf@w3.org
I agree with Rich that access to event triggers is at least priority 2 -
these are important functions that a browser needs to provide access to. And
until they do, content authors will need to produce a whole raftof nasty
hacks to get around browser problems, which is not a good situation - only a
percentage of authors will do so, and there will continue to be an access
problem until a goodsolution is implemented.

Charles McCN