Re: Tenative meeting on the DOM with AT vendors for the User Agent Guidelines

mark novak wrote:

> hi Jon
>
> i'd be happy to participate in this call.  thanks for asking.
>
> however, i'm concerned about the follow up discussion this request
> has generated in DOM vs OSM vs API, etc.
>
> i'd advocate that DOM is just another tool/method, and if company A
> chooses to use DOM, or an  OSM, or some other idea, that is company A's
> decision.  i don't support the concept that *all* companies have to
> use DOM .  I understand the advantages and dis-advantages, just concerned
> about any "tone" we present to the AT community.

We talked about this at the ftf in Austin; the possibility of
removing the DOM-specific part and making it a general requirement
for exchange of content, with the DOM being one possible solution.
Those at the ftf meeting felt the DOM was important enough to
stand out.