for reference:[Fwd: Re: Interview w/ George Olsen of WaSP @ Adobe.com]

this might help to flesh out some of our unknowns and provide
benchmark status?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Interview w/ George Olsen of WaSP @ Adobe.com
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 21:04:44 -0800
From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com>
To: webmaster@dors.sailorsite.net
CC: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org, Web Accessibility Initiative
<w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

At 08:17 PM 1/30/2000 , Bruce Bailey wrote:
>Well then, Kynn, thank you ever so much for reposing that news to the WAI-IG
>list!  :)  Sorry, I never saw that story.

Smarta$$. :)

My bad, though, it's Mac IE 5.0 not 4.5.

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/ie/ie5features.htm

Here's what they claim:

"In Internet Explorer 5 Macintosh Edition, Microsoft has achieved
  full standards support for HTML 4.0, Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
  1.0, Document Object Model (DOM) 1.0 HTML, Extensible Markup
  Language (XML) and Portable Network Graphics (PNG). This is an
  achievement not yet matched by any other browser on the market
  today. A test developed by Todd Fahrner of Metrius of San
  Francisco, who is interested in furthering standards development,
  demonstrates this achievement. Called the "Acid Box Model Test,"
  it represents the brass ring for standards support among browser
  vendors."

There's also a link at the Web Standards Project.

http://www.webstandards.org/macie5.txt