W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-ua@w3.org > January to March 2000

Re: AGENDA: W3C WAI User Agent Telecon 27 January 2000

From: <schwer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 14:42:54 -0600
To: Jon Gunderson <jongund@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
cc: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Message-ID: <85256872.007F16D6.00@d54mta08.raleigh.ibm.com>



I will not be able to attend. I am at the WAI PF meeting in Cupertino.

Rich


Rich Schwerdtfeger
Lead Architect, IBM Special Needs Systems
EMail/web: schwer@us.ibm.com http://www.austin.ibm.com/sns/rich.htm

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.",
Frost


Jon Gunderson <jongund@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> on 01/25/2000 04:50:43 PM

To:   w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
cc:
Subject:  AGENDA: W3C WAI User Agent Telecon 27 January 2000




WAI UA Telecon for January 27th, 2000

Chair: Jon Gunderson
Date: Thursday, January 27th
Time: 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm Eastern Standard Time, USA
Call-in: Longfellow Bridge (+1) (617) 252-1038

Agenda

Review Open Action Items

   1.IJ: Incoporate Ian's proposed changes to resolve issue WD#185

   2.IJ: Incoporate Ian's resolutions for issue LC#142

   3.IJ: Ensure that the link to the conformance explanation is dated.
Propose as a note to handle this.

   4.IJ: Edit techniques related to checkpoint 5.4 to reflect the possible
way AT can have programmatic access event information

   5.IJ: Add a statement about orientation to checkpoint 5.5 on timely
exchange of information

   6.IJ: Remove "and through an API" from 10.1 and 10.3

   7.IJ: Make changes and add techniques from GR and DP to checkpoint 4.15

   8.CMN: Follow up on this with some learning disability people on
graphical configuration issue

   9.DB: Schedule time with IE team for next tuesday when CMN will be in
Seattle to review the CR if ready.

  10.DB: Ask IE Team about publication of review of IE 5 and Pri 1
checkpoints.

  11.DB: Find out how developers find out which appropriate triggers to use
in Windows for using built-in accessibility features (i.e. sound sentry,
show sounds, ...)

  12.GR: Send to the list techniques for how to use and control focus to
not have new windows cause problems for usability. In particular, how this
will work with ATs.

  13.GR: Draft a short minority statement related to merging and priority
of checkpoints 10.1 and 10.3

  14.MK: Find out techniques for sending text search requests to servers of
streamed text.

  15.MR: Review techniques for topic 3.1 (Multi-media)

  16.MR: Review techniques for Guideline 4 (Multi-media)

  17.MR: Run a multimedia player through the guidelines for January.

  18.MQ: Ask Mark about meaning of comment raised in Issue #167

  19.MQ: Ask Mark Hakkinen about telephone browsers and the guidelines.

Announcements

None

Discussion

   1.Candidate Recommendation update

   2.FTF meeting update

   3.Looking for working group members willing to help developers review
their products

   4.Special telecon with Assistive Technology developers on uses of DOM to
improve accessibility of AT

   5.Review of techniques document




Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
Coordinator of Assistive Communication and Information Technology
Chair, W3C WAI User Agent Working Group
Division of Rehabilitation - Education Services
College of Applied Life Studies
University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign
1207 S. Oak Street, Champaign, IL  61820

Voice: (217) 244-5870
Fax: (217) 333-0248

E-mail: jongund@uiuc.edu

WWW: http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~jongund
WWW: http://www.w3.org/wai/ua
Received on Wednesday, 26 January 2000 18:08:17 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 27 October 2009 06:49:51 GMT