Editorial: Checkpoint 2.1

From: Harvey Bingham <hbingham@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 18:39:31 -0500
Checkpoint 2.1 Ensure that the user has access to all content, including
alternative equivalent representations for content.

The meaning of "equivalent" from Random House Dictionary:
1. equal in value, measure, force, significance, etc.
2. corresponding in position, function., etc.

All we assert is that comparable information is available, differently
represented. I think that "equivalent" asserts equality or correspondence,
both of which seem beyond what we expect.

Regards/Harvey Bingham