Re: Comments: User Agent Responsibilities

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2000 17:25:50 -0500
To: schwer@us.ibm.com
CC: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
schwer@us.ibm.com wrote:

Rich makes three proposals below:

> checkpoint 5.2 modify the (e.g.) wording to (e.g. platform independent APIs
> such as the DOM, ...

Unless there are objections, I will make the editorial change to
mention the DOM.

> Navigation Checkpoints:
>
> checkpoint 7.5 Searching for alternative content should be done by the AT.

This was discussed (and clarified) at the 6 January teleconference.
Since searching on alt content is only required when it is rendered,
we decided that this was for native implementation.

> Configuration Checkpoints:
>
> Checkpoint 10.3 I thought we defined single key acces as keyboard access
> that did not require a modifier at the December face to face meeting. Did
> this not make it?

Issue 129 addressed 10 December in Austin
http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/1999/12/ftf-19991210#issue-129

> Resolved:

>  1)  Allow the user to configure the user agent so that some
>      functionalities may be activated with a single stroke (e.g., single key,
>       single voice command, etc.).
>  2)  Leave as part of 10.3

Then I asked for clarification on "single-key" from
Bryan Campbell:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/1999OctDec/0756.html

These haven't made it into the document yet (and have not been
discussed yet).

Tel/Fax:                     +1 212 684-1814