W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-ua@w3.org > April to June 2000

AGENDA: W3C WAI User Agent Telecon 29 June 2000

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 13:56:22 -0400
Message-ID: <3958EAC6.1978992A@w3.org>
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Hello,

I urge all of you to familiarize yourselves with the proposals
listed in the agenda so that we can make good progress at the
meeting this week. I feel we have begun to stall and we need
to maintain momentum to get through the rest of the minimal
conformance requirements.

Thank you,

 - Ian

Contents of this message:

 1) Information about the teleconference
 2) Agenda (7 items on the agenda)
 3) Open action items, completed action items.

About the meeting:

   When: Thursday, 29 June from 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm ET, USA
   Where: Longfellow Bridge (+1) (617) 252-1038
   Chair: Ian Jacobs

Agenda:

0) Eric Hansen's proposal to make checkpoints express
   minimal requirements directly.
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000AprJun/0508.html

1) Single key (10.5) from Kitch
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000AprJun/0433.html

2) PR#287: Proposed clarification to checkpoints 3.3, 3.5, 3.6
   http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#287

   In particular, this proposal:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000AprJun/0496.html 

   This satisfied my action from last week:
   Action IJ: Propose a new 4.6 with deleted 3.3, 3.5, 3.6.

3) Min / Max requirements for speech synthesis rates. Refer to
   Gregory's proposal:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000AprJun/0482.html

4) Multimedia definitions.
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000AprJun/0517.html
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000AprJun/0520.html
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000AprJun/0503.html

5) Checkpoint 7.5: Proposed search minreq: case-sensitive forward.

6)  Checkpoints 6.1, 8.1, 2.7, 8.2, and 8.3
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000AprJun/0448.html
 
7) Other minimal requirements part of issue PR#257 (No proposals)
     a) "Easy access": 10.8, 2.3
     b) Checkpoint 10.4: Input configuration
     c) Checkpoints 4.13 and 4.14: selection and focus highlight
     d) Checkpoint 9.3: Configuration of notification.

Open Action Items:

  1) IJ: Draft a preliminary executive summary/mini-FAQ for developers. 
          (No deadline.)

  2) CMN: Propose a technique that explains how serialization plus 
           navigation would suffice for Checkpoint 8.1.

  3) GR: Look into which checkpoints would benefit from audio examples
         in the techniques document.

  4) GR: Pursue speech synth ranges for other properties than 
         speech rate.

  5) GR: Re-examine the orientation checkpoints and
         see whether they can be clarified to account for control
         of rendering of audio (and possibly other content) on load.

Completed Action Items:

  1) IJ: Incorporate changes to volume checkpoints in the next draft.

  2) IJ: Propose multimedia definitions to the list
         to define borders of these proposed checkpoints. 
     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000AprJun/0517.html

-- 
Ian Jacobs (jacobs@w3.org)   http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs
Tel:                         +1 831 457-2842
Cell:                        +1 917 450-8783
Received on Tuesday, 27 June 2000 13:56:30 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 27 October 2009 06:50:04 GMT