Proposed minor change to checkpoint 5.8 (OS features that affect accessibility)

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 12:10:58 -0400
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Hello,

Checkpoint 5.8 of the 10 June guidelines reads:

    5.8 Follow operating system conventions that affect
        accessibility. In particular, follow conventions
        for user interface design, keyboard configuration,
        product installation, and documentation.

I propose changing the word "affect" to "benefit". I would
like to avoid this scenario: "I followed OS conventions
as required by checkpoint 5.8; I'm sorry that those conventions
are not accesible." In short, developers should only adopt
the conventions that affect accessibility positively.

 - Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/WD-UAAG10-20000610
Tel:                         +1 831 457-2842