Re: Proposed minimal requirements for audio/speech checkpoints.

Jon Gunderson wrote:

> Ian,
> For synthesized speech I think the minimum requirement should be the range
> of values supported by the synthesizer.

For volume?

>  Most synthesizer technology allows
> a user agent to enumerate these values for selection by the user.  The CSS
> specifications could be a second choice, if the API does not provide for
> enumeration.

Ok.

> This proposal would also allow the keeping of the current articulation
> charactersitics.  in the few people with head injuries that I haved worked
> with, pitch and gender were important factors and I would hate to see them
> removed.

Then let's add pitch and gender to the list. I have no problem
with a definitive list; the phrase "and other articulation
characteristics" will cause us problems. We can simply refer
to the properties in the Aural Cascading Style Sheets of CSS2

 _ Ian