Re: Proposed clarification to checkpoints 3.3, 3.5, 3.6

Jon Gunderson wrote:

> Ian,
> For some types of cognitive disabilities, people with visual impairments
> and some types of screen reder and magnification software my
> understanding  was that it was important to turn off the
> rendering or not allow the rendering of video.
> Freeze may work for many people, but may not work for
> all people.  What is the advantage of freezing a frame?

It sounds like there are a couple of requirements:
1) Stop things from moving
2) Stop things from being too busy (e.g., don't open
   too many viewports).

But is "don't render content" a requirement? If so, then
why (still) video content and not graphically rendered
text? Or graphics? I don't think we have a requirement
for "make this page less busy" - the closest we get is
"don't open too many viewports".

So what are the accessibility requirements surrounding
video and animation that freezing does not address?

 - Ian