W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-ua@w3.org > April to June 2000

AGENDA: W3C WAI User Agent Telecon 9 May 2000

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 10:18:07 -0500
Message-Id: <4.3.1.2.20000508101628.00c25b00@staff.uiuc.edu>
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
WAI UA Telecon for May 9th, 2000

Chair: Jon Gunderson
Date: Tuesday, 9 May
Time: 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm Eastern Standard Time, USA
Call-in: Longfellow Bridge (+1) (617) 252-1038

Agenda

Review Action Items (details below)

Announcements

    1.Notice of Proposed Rulemaking: Electronic and Information Technology 
Accessibility Standardsby the United States ARCHITECTURAL AND 
TRANSPORTATION BARRIERS COMPLIANCE BOARD. Comments will be accepted until 
May 30th
      http://www.access-board.gov/sec508/nprm.htm
      http://www.access-board.gov/sec508/overview.htm

Discussion

    1.New draft of ua guidelines available
      http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/WD-UAAG10-20000507/

    2.Changes to Checkpoint 7.6
      Refer to 5 May proposal from Ian as part of resolving issue 233 and 
issue 242
      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000AprJun/0287.html

    3.Changes to Checkpoint 8.8
      Formerly checkpoint 5.6. Moved per proposal from Ian 5 May.
      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000AprJun/0288.html

    4.Changes to Checkpoint 9.4
      Modified checkpoint text per 5 May proposal by Ian.
      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000AprJun/0297.html

    5.PR#233: Checkpoint 7.6: What does "structure" mean here?
      http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#233

    6.PR#257: Difficult to know when a UA has conformed.
      http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#257


Open Action Items

    1.IJ: Draft a preliminary executive summary/mini-FAQ for developers. 
(No deadline.)

    2.IJ: Add proposed definitions of content, etc.. to the document.

    3.IJ: Add minimum requirements for checkpoint 9.2 are to allow for 
configuration for a prompt for any form submission

    4.IJ: Add technique related to user accessing the attributes of an 
element to Checkpoint 2.1

    5.IJ: Add a checkpoint related to synchronization of view (orientation 
guideline)

    6.IJ: Propose a grouping of checkpoints based on their clarity of 
stating minimum requirements

    7.CMN: Propose a technique that explains how serialization plus 
navigation would suffice for Checkpoint 8.1.

    8.GR: Look into which checkpoints would benefit from audio examples in 
the techniques document.

    9.MR: Confirm usage of "configure" in checkpoints to verify that it 
means "static choice" appropriately (e.g., 4.9).

Completed Action Items

    1.IJ: Propose checkpoint rewording of checkpoint 7.6 to list to include 
wording realted to improving the efficiency of accessing content
      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000AprJun/0287.html

    2.IJ: Update document with cheanges related to splitting checkpoint 2.1 
into two checkpoints
      http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/WD-UAAG10-20000507/

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
Coordinator of Assistive Communication and Information Technology
Chair, W3C WAI User Agent Working Group
Division of Rehabilitation - Education Services
College of Applied Life Studies
University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign
1207 S. Oak Street, Champaign, IL  61820

Voice: (217) 244-5870
Fax: (217) 333-0248

E-mail: jongund@uiuc.edu

WWW: http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~jongund
WWW: http://www.w3.org/wai/ua
Received on Monday, 8 May 2000 11:18:17 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 27 October 2009 06:50:03 GMT