Re: Problems with proposed checkpoint on synchronized views

From: David Poehlman <poehlman@clark.net>
Date: Sat, 06 May 2000 15:23:02 -0400
CC: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>, w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
I've no problem with your approach here.

I get a sense though that what we are attempting to capture is the ability
to provide simple mechanisms for orientation.  The jfw links list for
instance is dismissed when you act on your intention leaving you with the
single view that you started with but pointing where you requested that you
be taken.  conversely, when you ask for the links view in the midst of a
document, you can traverse that view from that point.  I do agree though
that not only are all views not synchronistic but that it is not even
necessary to synchronize all views.

--
Hands-On Technolog(eye)s
ftp://ftp.clark.net/pub/poehlman