Re: Formal Objection to Checkpoint 9.2

From: <schwer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 14:44:17 -0400
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org

I would like to register an objection to the resolution of Issue 243. I
believe that checkpoint 9.2 should be a P3 requirement rather than a P2
requirement because this is a content authoring problem that effects
usability. User Agents should not be required to correct poor content as a
disability requirement. This creates an undue burden on user agents. I do
not feel this recommendation should go forward with this as a P2
requirement.

Does anyone else agree with this.

Rich Schwerdtfeger
Lead Architect, IBM Special Needs Systems
EMail/web: schwer@us.ibm.com http://www.austin.ibm.com/sns/rich.htm

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.",
Frost