Re: DB: Review techniques for Guidelines 3, 4, and 11

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 01:20:44 -0400 (EDT)
To: Dick Brown <dickb@microsoft.com>
cc: "'w3c-wai-ua@w3.org'" <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
I agree with Dick's comments

Charles McCN

On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, Dick Brown wrote:

[snip]
  11.4 says, "In a dedicated section of the documentation, describe all
  features of the
  user agent that promote accessibility."

  The technique says, "Integrate information about accessibility features
  throughout the
  documentation. The dedicated section on accessibility should provide access
  to the documentation as a whole rather than standing alone as an independent
  section. For instance, in a hypertext-based help system, the section on
  accessibility should link to pertinent topics elsewhere in the
  documentation."

  I think the technique goes too far in specifying that a dedicated section
  for Help should actually be a series of links to sections elsewhere in Help.
  While that might be good, it also seems sufficient if the section stands
  alone, assuming that accessibility information is properly integrated
  throughout the rest of the documentation.

  Dick Brown
  Program Manager for Web Accessility
  Microsoft Corp.