Re: Minimum Requirements for UA Checkpoints

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 10:56:58 -0500
To: Kitch Barnicle <barnicle@trace.wisc.edu>, w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Kitch,
Does this make the point clearer?

<OLD>
User is able to move the application focus to every control in a dialog
using only the keyboard or only the mouse.
</OLD>

<NEW>
User is able to move the application focus to every control in a dialog
using either the keyboard or the mouse.  All operations must be available
through both the keyboard and the mouse.
</NEW>

Jon

At 09:02 AM 4/19/00 -0500, Kitch Barnicle wrote:
>Jon,
>
>I need a quick clarification.  In your document you refer to "using only
>the keyboard or only the mouse."  Should this be "using only the keyboard
>AND using only the mouse" ?
>
>For example, under checkpoint 1.1, Dialog boxes you have "User is able to
>move the application focus to every control in a dialog using only the
>keyboard or only the mouse."  It sounds like an application can meet this
>checkpoint as long as someone can use the mouse to move through
>controls.  Similar statements show up in several places.
>
>Just confirming your intent,
>
>Kitch

Chair, W3C WAI User Agent Working Group