Re: Proposed edit to checkpoint 10.9

From: Hans Riesebos <HRiesebos@alva-bv.nl>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 10:52:24 +0100
To: <ij@w3.org>
Cc: "<"<w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
Strange that I never saw this before, but isn't this a repair strategy for a badly designed UI of the UA!?

And if it isn't, there is probably a disability that needs rearrangement in a special way (conflicting with other accessibility needs). This might give a clue as to what the minimum requirement must be.

Hans Riesebos
ALVA BV, The Netherlands
HRiesebos@alva-bv.nl

>>> Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org> 04/18/00 06:37PM >>>
Hello,

Per my action item of the 11 April face-to-face [1], please
consider this editorial clarification to checkpoint 10.9:

<OLD>
  Allow the user to configure the arrangement of graphical user
  agent user interface controls.
</OLD>

<NEW>
  For graphical user interfaces, allow the user to configure
  the arrangement of user interface controls.
</NEW>

I would note that the minimal requirement of this
checkpoint is unclear.

 - Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2000/04/rfbd-20000411#issue-273
Tel:                         +1 831 457-2842