Re: Issue 208: Proposed wording for checkpoint 9.2

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 22:38:29 -0400 (EDT)
To: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
cc: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
How about allow the user to request...

chaals

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, Ian Jacobs wrote:

  Per my action of the 10 April face-to-face meeting [1], here
  is a proposal to clarify checkpoint 9.2 (issue 208). The Working Group
  felt that this checkpoint was intended to allow configuration of
  prompting (like all the other checkpoints), but the wording did not
  capture that. Here is a proposed clarification:

  <OLD>
  9.2 Prompt the user to confirm any form submission triggered indirectly,
  that is by any means other than the user activating an explicit form
  submit control.
  </OLD>

  <NEW>
  When configured to do so, prompt the user to confirm any form
  submission triggered indirectly, that is by any means other than the
  user activating an explicit form submit control.
  </NEW>

   - Ian

  [1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2000/04/rfbd-20000410#issue-208
  Tel:                         +1 831 457-2842