W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-ua@w3.org > April to June 2000

AGENDA: W3C WAI User Agent Telecon 13 April 2000

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 13:47:31 -0500
Message-Id: <4.1.20000412134519.00a003a0@staff.uiuc.edu>
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
WAI UA Telecon for April 13th, 2000 

Chair: Jon Gunderson 
Date: Thursday, April 13th
Time: 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm Eastern Standard Time, USA
Call-in: Longfellow Bridge (+1) (617) 252-1038

Agenda

Review Action Items (see details below)

Announcements 

   1.FTF for Evaluation and Repair Tools working group in Amsterdam
     http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/2000/05/agenda 

   2.Notice of Proposed Rulemaking: Electronic and Information Technology
Accessibility Standards by the United States ARCHITECTURAL AND
TRANSPORTATION BARRIERS COMPLIANCE BOARD. Comments will be accepted until
May 30th
     http://www.access-board.gov/sec508/nprm.htm
     http://www.access-board.gov/sec508/overview.htm 

Discussion 

   1.Update on proposed recommendation process 

   2.Unresolved issues from the FTF meeting (issues list is being updated) 

Open Action Items

   1.IJ: Draft a preliminary executive summary/mini-FAQ for developers. (No
deadline.) 

   2.IJ: Propose three terms to the list: Document Source, Document Object
and Rendered Content 

   3.IJ: The content/ui division in G1 needs to be fixed 

   4.IJ: Resolutions from FTF meeting 

   5.CMN: Find out from I18N how to generalize the accessibility provided
by sans-serif fonts. 

   6.CMN: Propose a technique that explains how serialization plus
navigation would suffice for Checkpoint 8.1. 

   7.DA: Send name of new organization to list that was mentioned by some
from the US Census Bureau 

   8.DA: Review techniques for Guidelines 7 and 8 

   9.DB: Get Tim Lacy to review G+ 

  10.DB: Review techniques for Guidelines 3, 4, and 11 

  11.DP: Review techniques for Guidelines 1 and 2 

  12.GR: Look into which checkpoints would benefit from audio examples in
the techniques document. 

  13.GR: Review techniques for Sections 3.7 and 3.8 

  14.GR: Send to list screen shot of JFW Window list. 

  15.JG: Write email to the list asking for information about which user
groups require the ability to slow down presentations othewise access it
     impossible. 

  16.JG: Take conformance grandulatity issue to the WAI CG. 

  17.JG: Identify the minimal requirement for each checkpoint. 

  18.HB: Take scoping issue of the current guidelines to the EO working group 

  19.MQ: Review techniques for Guidelines 9 and 10 

  20.MR: Talk to Geoff Freed about implementations that slow down
multimedia presentations. 

  21.RS: Take notification of focus and view changes to PF as possible DOM
3 requirement. 

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
Coordinator of Assistive Communication and Information Technology
Chair, W3C WAI User Agent Working Group
Division of Rehabilitation - Education Services
College of Applied Life Studies
University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign
1207 S. Oak Street, Champaign, IL  61820

Voice: (217) 244-5870
Fax: (217) 333-0248

E-mail: jongund@uiuc.edu

WWW: http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~jongund
WWW: http://www.w3.org/wai/ua
Received on Wednesday, 12 April 2000 14:47:44 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 27 October 2009 06:50:03 GMT