Re: Second look at checkpoint 4.7

The requirement to provide for positioning is essentialy the ability to
implement the positioning pieces of CSS, including user style sheets.

This has been demonstrated as possible a number of times. It relies on
specifications that were endorsed by the membership two years ago.

The User Agent guidelines describe a priority scheme which is based
(solely) on the necessity for users of a particular feature. Development
burden is not an input factor for the things people need to be able to use
the web.

I also reject the argument that if nobody has done something there is a good
reason not to do it. Nobody had implemented HTML 12 years ago, although all
the ideas had already been around for decades, and was technically feasible.

Charles McCN