Re: Proposal for WCAG 1.0 HTML Techniques module: using MAPgroup navigation links.

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 13:08:34 -0500
To: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Cc: Wendy A Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>, w3c-wai-gl@w3.org, w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Response in JRG:
>Of course, the title attribute could be used as a label for
>each MAP so that, in the user interface, a user could distinguish
>them and turn them on and off selectively. But then you wouldn't
>want to use "Navigation bar" as title text anyway since it doesn't
>say anything about the particular instance.

JRG: This was my thinking, using TITLE attribute is a simple way to provide
a human readable label for user agents that provide support for direct
navigation to links contained in a MAP element.  The use of TITLE is also
consistent with tooltips implemented in some user agents.

I don't think from a machine interpretation standpoint their needs to be
any markup.

Chair, W3C WAI User Agent Working Group