Guideline 3 rationale

From: Madeleine Rothberg <madeleine_rothberg@wgbh.org>
Date: 21 Dec 1999 11:57:58 -0500
To: "W3C-WAI-UA" <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
I believe this is a typo. In the last paragraph of the revised rationale for GL 3 is the sentence:
A user agent must provide on/off control even when it hands off content (e.g., a sound file) to the operating system or a helper application for rendering; the user is aware of the content type and thus can choose not to render it.

I think we meant to say that the user agent is aware of the content type and thus can choose not to render it, not the user.

-Madeleine

--
Madeleine Rothberg
The CPB/WGBH National Center for Accessible Media