20 December User Agent Guidelines / Techniques available

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 01:12:54 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Hello,

I've published the 20 December UA Guidelines [1] and
Techniques [2].

NOTE: Due to a full partition on the Web site, this document
was not made available until 21 December (in the morning). Also,
server problems seem to be preventing access at the time
I'm sending this email.

I will publish a more detailed list of changes on 21 December.
However, the primary changes include:

1) Incorporation of resolutions from the Austin meeting [3], [4]
2) Incorporation of resolutions from 15 Dec teleconf [5]
3) 3.9/3.10 Merge proposal from Jim Allan [6]
4) Lots and lots of edits to the entire document's prose based
   on Eric Hansen comments and my own edits to the rationale
   and glossary.
5) And of course more techniques from everyone.

I'll publish a more detailed list of changes tomorrow

There are still a few more last call review comments that I need to
process, but the issues list [7] should be quite up to date.

[1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/WD-WAI-USERAGENT-19991220
[2] http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/WD-WAI-USERAGENT-TECHS-19991220
[3] http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/1999/12/ftf-19991209
[4] http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/1999/12/ftf-19991210
[5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/1999OctDec/0701.html
[6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/1999OctDec/0679.html
[7] http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html

Tel/Fax:                     +1 212 684-1814