W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-ua@w3.org > October to December 1999

AGENDA: W3C WAI User Agent Telecon 15 December 1999

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 08:43:22 -0600
Message-Id: <4.1.19991214083857.00c86ca0@staff.uiuc.edu>
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org

WAI UA Telecon for December 15th, 1999 

Chair: Jon Gunderson 
Date: Wednesday, December 15th 
Time: 12:00 noon to 1:30 pm Eastern Standard Time 
Call-in: MIT Bridge (+1) 617-258-7910

Agenda

Review Open Action Items

   1.IJ: Review techniques for topic 3.2 

   2.IJ: Add clarifying Note to rationale that UAs can turn off control of
content even if it passes content off for rendering. 

   3.IJ: Send proposal to list related to checkpoint for incremental
positioning control in multi-media 

   4.IJ: Draft a statement for time of publication, there is no authoritative
body that validates claims of conformance 

   5.IJ: Refer to ATAG definition of "applicability" and propose to list. 

   6.IJ: In glossary, add WHO definition of impairment, disability, and add
functional limitation 

   7.IJ: Repropose simpler Checkpoint for 1.1 

   8.IJ: Repropose the delivery mechanism of conformance statement to allow
documentation as an option 

   9.IJ: Add access to the "class" attribute of an element to techniques
document 

  10.IJ: Propose new checkpoint by merging 7.3 and 7.7 to the list 

  11.IJ: Propose a technique for using XSL to transform content 

  12.JG: Review techniques for Guideline 8.3 to 8.9 

  13.JG/IJ: Publish F2F agenda on 8 December 

  14.JG: Send request for change in telecon time to W3C admin 

  15.JG: Request UA/GL/UA join meeting related to terminology related to
multi-media 

  16.JG: Resend the conformance issue validation to the WAI CG 

  17.JG: Take WHO definitions of disability, impairment and functional to the
CG for consideration in WAI definitions 

  18.DA: Propose rational to explain why deceleration of multi-media is
important for users with impairments. 

  19.DB: Review techniques for Guideline 5 

  20.DB: Ask IE Team about publication of review of IE 5 and Pri 1 checkpoints.


  21.DB: Find out how developers find out which appropriate triggers to use in
Windows for using built-in accessibility features (i.e. sound sentry, 
     show sounds, ...). 

  22.DP: Propose new Checkpoint 1.5 for access to system messages 

  23.DP: Send to the list techniques for how to use and control focus to not
have new windows cause problems for usability. In particular, how this 
     will work with ATs. 

  24.EH: Refine proposal on the meaning of "synchornized alternatives" to the
list. 

  25.JA: Propose a revised Checkpopint 3.9 and 3.10 to the list. 

  26.GR: Take WHO definitions of disability, impairment and functional to the
ATAG and GL WGs for consideration in their definitions 

  27.GR: Send to the list techniques for how to use and control focus to not
have new windows cause problems for usability. In particular, how this 
     will work with ATs. 

  28.GR: Write a technique on how to create accessible installation 

  29.KB: Update impact matrix based on 5 November draft. Pending 

  30.MR: Review techniques for topic 3.1 (Multi-media) 

  31.MR: Review techniques for Guideline 4 (Multi-media) 

  32.MK: Write some comments on synchronization in multi-media to the list 

  33.MQ: Ask Mark about meaning of comment raised in Issue #167 

  34.WC: Take form submission to GL WG to discuss issues related to inadvertent
submission. 

Announcements 

   1.Web Content is rechartering 

   2.New telecon day and time for working group start on 6 January 2000 
     Thursdays, 2-3:30pm (EST, USA), on Longfellow Bridge (+1-617-252-1038) 

Discussion 

   1.Candidate Recommendation Stage 
     Are we obligated? 
     Showing implementations to director and in techniques document?\ 

   2.LC#133: Priority of 10.1 compared to 10.3 
                http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#133

   3.LC#146: Review priorities of 4.16, 5.2, 8.3, 8.5, 10.3, 10.6 
                http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#146

   4.LC#155: Propose change of priorities for checkpoints 5.3 (r/w access) and
10.3 (single key) 
                http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#155

   5.LC#156: Propose change in priority of 5.6 (P1 -> P2) 
                http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#156

   6.LC#158: Propose priority change (1 to 2) for checkpoint 4.1 (control of
font family) 
                http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#158

   7.LC#159: Propose raise priority of 4.13 to Priority 1 
                http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#159

   8.LC#161: Raise priority of 8.8 to P2 (highlighting and identifying
selection/focus) 
                http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#161

   9.LC#162: Raise priority of 8.9 (consistency in configs) to P2. 
                http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#162

  10.LC#166: Review priority of 10.5 (default configs that interfere with OS
conventions) 
                http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#166

  11.LC#175: Proposed raise (to P1) of checkpoint 4.18 
                http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#175

  12.LC#176: Proposed change in priority (P3 to P2) for checkpoint 8.7 (link
information 
                http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#176

  13.Other issues on the issues list 
                http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html 

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
Coordinator of Assistive Communication and Information Technology
Chair, W3C WAI User Agent Working Group
Division of Rehabilitation - Education Services
College of Applied Life Studies
University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign
1207 S. Oak Street, Champaign, IL  61820

Voice: (217) 244-5870
Fax: (217) 333-0248

E-mail: jongund@uiuc.edu

WWW: http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~jongund
WWW: http://www.w3.org/wai/ua
Received on Tuesday, 14 December 1999 09:45:31 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 14:49:25 UTC