RE: Proposed checkpoint for incremental control of multimedia

From: Bryan Campbell <bryany@pathcom.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 09:48:35 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Ian Jacobs said 7 Dec 1999

>Per my action item from today's teleconf (minutes [1]), here
>is a proposal based on comments initially from Scott Luebking [2]:

>  Checkpoint 1)
>       Allow the user to advance and rewind in small increments
>       audio, video, and animations. [Priority 2]

Hi

On VCR that is called Skip Search (or Commercial Advance) 1 push of a key
Fast Fowards a tape 30 or 60 seconds, the length of 2 to 4 commercials. By
referring to a common phrase as an example of what is required developers
will readily understand what is needed, & not feel they're getting into a
field that is beyond them.

>  Checkpoint 2)
>       Allow the user to configure the increments of the previous
>       checkpoint [Priority 3]

>Ian Jacobs (jacobs@w3.org)
Regards,
Bryan

->"Cyberspace dwarfs all outer space because cyberspace is only limited by
human imagination!"