Re: Techniques for GL3

12:09 PM 07-12-99 U, Madeleine Rothberg wrote:
>Here is a review of techniques in GL3, focusing on multimedia. Using the
>document Techniques for User Agent Accessibility Guidelines 1.0
>W3C Working Draft 6 December 1999
>http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/WD-WAI-USERAGENT-TECHS-19991206

>3.8 Allow the user to turn on and off rendering of images. [Priority 3]
>Techniques:
>Refer to techniques for checkpoint 3.1.
>MR: Propose adding this:
>Provide a simple command that allows users to toggle on and off the
>rendering of images on a page. This will be useful to users who wish
>to switch between viewing the images and the corresponding alt text tags.

Hi
Opera does that with a 1 keystroke command the letter "G". Yes this is a bit
of promotion while showing what is possible. Maybe if some UA folks looked
at Opera more would come to light: & we'd have a better understanding of 1
key commands including placement. I'm here to be a bit of a guide (Surprise
[grin])

>-Madeleine
>The CPB/WGBH National Center for Accessible Media
>madeleine_rothberg@wgbh.org
Regards,
Bryan

->"Cyberspace dwarfs all outer space because cyberspace is only limited by
human imagination!"