Re: comments on guidelines

From: Leonard R. Kasday <kasday@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 08:44:19 -0500
To: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Cc: Denis Anson <danson@miseri.edu>, w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Thanks for clarifying that these guidelines are for general purpose user
agents.  I already agreed in advance that we don't want per-disability
conformance for that case.

However, I think you need to make this scope explicit in the guidelines.

It would also be good to add an informal comment  that designers of devices
suitable for specific disabilities may find it useful to look at guidelines
that address those disabilities.

Len

At 12:38 PM 12/4/99 -0500, Ian Jacobs wrote:'

> > [LRK remark: Also, I am only proposing this for UA's like specialized
> devices, where
> > full API use and interfacing may be a real burden.  I am not supporting it
> > for e.g. general PC programs.  General programs should also be accessible
> > to all people.
>
>IJ response: That's the intended audience for this document. Future
>versions, or
>additional documents intended for software in combination or specialized
>tools would be very useful.

-------
Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Institute on Disabilities/UAP, and
Department of Electrical Engineering
Temple University
423 Ritter Annex, Philadelphia, PA 19122

kasday@acm.org
http://astro.temple.edu/~kasday

(215) 204-2247 (voice)
(800) 750-7428 (TTY)