Re: Use of the term "synchronized equivalent"

The term continuous equivalent came after discussions with the SMIL WG. It
tells that the element has a time component in itself. Discreate
equivalents do not have it. Both can be synchronized to other time
dependent components. E.g. an image might be shown during the first ten
minutes of a video.

If we want to emphasize the time component I wouldn't want to change the
name continuous equivalent.

Marja