Comments on UA Guidelines Last Call Working Draft

From: Liam Quinn <liam@htmlhelp.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 18:10:10 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Hi,

I reviewed the UA Guidelines Working Draft of November 5.  I've been out
of touch with the WAI-UA efforts lately, but I'd like to congratulate
all who contributed to the Draft.  I'm very impressed at how the
Guidelines have come together and improved from the early Working
Drafts.

I have only a few points to make from reading the Guidelines:

1. Checkpoint 4.17 suggests that users should be able to turn off all
style sheets.  Without a style sheet, there is no way to present HTML or
XML documents in some modern browsers.  The user should not be able to
turn off the base UA style sheet (but of course should be able to
override UA styles through user style sheets).

2. Regarding checkpoints 10.1 and 10.2, I think that these are worth
keeping separate with the priorities given.

--
Liam Quinn
A Real Validator for Windows, http://arealvalidator.com