RE: netscape keybindings section

From: Gregory J. Rosmaita <unagi69@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 15:46:19 -0500
To: "Denis Anson" <danson@miseri.edu>
aloha, denis!

i'm not singling Netscape out for public humiliation, merely pointing out that,
for internal consistency's sake, we cannot address keyboard support in a UA
without addressing keyboard support in that UA's help system...

gregory.

Denis Anson wrote:
>I would agree with Ian on this one.  If the document specifies what must be
>done, and uses as examples those who have done it well, you reward
>compliance, and do not punish non-compliance.  And any behaviorist will tell
>you that punishment is not a good behavior change strategy, since it doesn't
>tell the learner what should be done.  Instead, we can say that IE does this
>well, HomePage Reader does this well, etc.  If NN folks ask why they aren't
>mentioned, then we say, "Well, we didn't find examples where NN was the
>exemplar."
>
>You don't have to slap them down in front of everyone, just don't praise
>them for their bad behavior.
>
>Denis Anson, MS, OTR
>Assistant Professor
>College Misericordia
>301 Lake St.
>Dallas, PA 18612
He that lives on Hope, dies farting
     -- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, 1763
Gregory J. Rosmaita <unagi69@concentric.net>
   WebMaster and Minister of Propaganda, VICUG NYC
        <http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/vicug/index.html>