empty alternatives?

From: David Poehlman <poehlman@clark.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 16:40:21 -0500
To: WAI User Agent Working Group <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
I review currently the nov 5 draft and each time I do from the first,
I get a queasy feeling about empty alternatives.  I understand on the
one hand why and agree with the sentament that the word image repeated
<50 11> times is pretty obnoxious.  Consider for a monemt though that
an image that has no alt text is one that is downloadable or is
desired to be.  if Nothing is rendered, it cannot be found by a screen
reader but through digging out the source assuming one knows that it
is there in the first place.  Can we then have a ttoggle for this?  so
that we can have either the url or nothing rendered?
Thanks!
--
Hands-On Technolog(eye)s
Touching The Internet: