Re: Raw minutes from 3 November UAGL teleconf (Last Call: Yes).

From: Gregory J. Rosmaita <unagi69@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 14:25:17 -0500
To: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
aloha, ian!

one small correction...  as regards my abstention, i am quoted as stating:

quote
      GR: I'm concerned that we've had enough time to work out
          issues.
unquote

when what i said was -- slightly, but significantly -- different, to wit:

quote
      GR: I'm concerned that we haven't had enough time to work out
      all of the issues after effecting such a drastic change to the
      structure and purview of the document
unquote

ok, maybe not so slight as i indicated above, but that is the basis of my
abstention -- a lingering feeling that we, as a group, haven't had enough time
to fully digest the sea change to the UAAG debated in september and effected
during the october face2face -- namely, the elimination of the dependent user
agent clauses and the re-focusing of the UAAG upon what comprises the base
functionality of a user agent, regardless of what platform it runs upon or what
modality (if any) it is tailored towards ...

gregory
He that lives on Hope, dies farting
     -- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, 1763
Gregory J. Rosmaita <unagi69@concentric.net>
   WebMaster and Minister of Propaganda, VICUG NYC
        <http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/vicug/index.html>