Re: an attempt to refine the "active element" definition which was tied to "focus"

I agree with Rich.  I think a comprehensive set of guidelines on scripting
accessibility is out of scope for the current user agent working
group.  The current guidelines address scripting in many ways.

1. Elements which can respond to scripting events can be considered active
elements in a document
2. Device specific events should have an alternative means for activation
(notably mouse events).
3. Changes in the resource should be exported to assistive technologies for
processing

There needs to be a working group that directly address the issues of
scripting accessibility.  Whether this an existing group like Web Content
or a new group is something that the coordination group should discuss.

Jon