Documenting the User Interface

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 14:50:39 -0400 (EDT)
To: WAI UA group <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
Microsoft Word is a program that provides for a high degee of user interface
customisation. It allows for various controls to be shuffled around, by the
user. Simple examples include teh ability to assign keystrokes - pretty much
without limit. The interface then makes clear what keystroke is assigned to
what menu item, and also provides a list of all the available commands
including user-defined macros, which may be part of the document (Remeber
the Melissa virus?) and whether there are keyboard shortcuts defined for
them.

This is not a new feature - I am describing things I used in 1997 to write an
HTML authoring tool within word.

Charles McCN