W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-ua@w3.org > October to December 1999

Re: Action Item Face to Face Meeting on December 9 and 10

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@uiuc.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 12:05:16 -0700
Message-Id: <4.2.0.58.19991025115222.00b01680@staff.uiuc.edu>
To: schwer@us.ibm.com
Cc: ij@w3.org, w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Rich,
I know the W3C process is not always a very time efficient one.  Believe me 
from a personal standpoint I wish these guidelines were done a long time 
ago.  We are nearing the end and I think we should use the process to start 
publicizing the document and getting developers familiar with them.  One 
way to do this is to make sure the document is in the best shape it can be 
at last call (especially the techniques document) and identify critical 
reviewers to review the last call document.  I am assembling a list of 
people we want to review the last call document.  This should include 
developers we want to use the guidelines after the document is a 
recommendation.  This is a means to get developers and other interested 
parties involved with the document in a way that they can feel they are a 
part of the process and hopefully use the guidelines to develop their 
products.

We will talk about the timing of the F2F on Wednesday.

Thanks again for you participation in the group and your help hosting the 
next F2F meeting.
Jon



At 01:41 PM 10/22/99 -0500, schwer@us.ibm.com wrote:



>Jon,
>
>I understand. If we cannot do the December date my hope is that we can set a
>concrete date in January at the next meeting and offer no more delays. The
>industry needs these guidelines yesterday.
>
>Rich
>
>
>Rich Schwerdtfeger
>Lead Architect, IBM Special Needs Systems
>EMail/web: schwer@us.ibm.com http://www.austin.ibm.com/sns/rich.htm
>
>"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
>I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.", Frost
>
>
>jon gunderson <jongund@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> on 10/21/99 07:08:26 PM
>
>To:   Richard Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
>cc:   Jon Gunderson <jongund@uiuc.edu>, ij@w3.org, w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
>Subject:  Re: Action Item Face to Face Meeting on December 9 and 10
>
>
>
>
>
>Rich,
>Thanks for changing the tentative dates.  I just want to remind you that
>if we don't go to proposed recommendation by October 29th.  We will
>probably need to postpone the meeting until the first week in January
>2000.
>
>Jon
>
>
>
>On Wed, 20 Oct 1999 schwer@us.ibm.com wrote:
>
> >
> >
> >
> > Jon and Ian,
> >
> > I have changed the tentative date for the meeting to the 9th and 10th of
> > December. Hopefully we can reach consensus next week.
> >
> > I agree with Jon that what we get out may not be perfect however, it is 
> very
> > important that we do get something out for people to follow. At some 
> point we
> > all will need to "agree to disagree" on some points to make this happen.
> >
> > Rich
> >
> > Rich Schwerdtfeger
> > Lead Architect, IBM Special Needs Systems
> > EMail/web: schwer@us.ibm.com http://www.austin.ibm.com/sns/rich.htm
> >
> > "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
> > I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the 
> difference.", Frost
> >
> >
>
>

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
Coordinator of Assistive Communication and Information Technology
Chair, W3C WAI User Agent Working Group
Division of Rehabilitation - Education Services
College of Applied Life Studies
University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign
1207 S. Oak Street, Champaign, IL  61820

Voice: (217) 244-5870
Fax: (217) 333-0248

E-mail: jongund@uiuc.edu

WWW: http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~jongund
WWW: http://www.w3.org/wai/ua
Received on Monday, 25 October 1999 13:00:51 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 14:49:24 UTC