Re: Techniques for 3.3.6 Orientation to Frames

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 15:16:44 -0400 (EDT)
To: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
cc: Jon Gunderson <jongund@staff.uiuc.edu>, w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
I would suggest a SMIL presentation based on a .au file, provided in an
object which has as alternative content a link to both the audio file and the
transcription. You may like to add a higher quality version to the object
cascade, or within the SMIL.

Charles McCN

On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Ian Jacobs wrote:

  Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

  > It would make a lot more sense to give a sound file as the demonstration for
  > Home Page Reader (with a synchronised transcript), and to include the lynx
  > output as text instead of an image.

  Hi Charles,

  I thought about it for a second and I agree with both. But
  what audio format?