Re: direct and spatial mapping to functionalities

From: Scott Luebking <phoenixl@netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 09:42:25 -0700 (PDT)
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org

Perhaps another way to look at the issue is action requested by location
versus action requested by an identifier (in this case binding actions
to key).  As part of a project I've been working on for NSF, we've been
looking at "universally-designed" web pages.  Providing both ways of
requesting an action seems to cover multiple groups.  Blind,
hand-impaired and expert users can benefit from actions being requested
by identifiers/keys.  It avoids the time needed to move to locations.

PS  There should be a standard key which will list what key functions
are provided on a page.