Re: Proposal for conformance categories

At 10:21 AM 9/29/99, thatch@us.ibm.com wrote:
>After sending my last note, I realized that Jon's category 2:
>"Non-Graphical Assistive Technology User Agent,"
>Should just be:
>"Assistive Technology User Agent"
>An AT UA may be graphical, whatever graphical is.

MN:  I really wish there was some way, or some term, that would
pull in more than "just" Assistive Technology User Agent(s) as part
of Category 2.  Obviously, other software developers can do as
they wish, but I can't tell you how many times we've come across a
great piece of software, commercial and/or shareware, that if it did
this "one other little thing", that the developer probably would
have done had they "understood the need", it would be the solution for an
individual's access problem.

It just seems to me, that our "Categry 2" label, is just one more chance
for us to educate, and get more developer's to "understand the needs", but
if we title it "Assistive Technology User Agent", we only send the message
to those already in the church.