Re: some comments on text version of aug 9 guidelines draft

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 21:43:23 -0400
To: David Poehlman <poehlman@clark.net>
CC: WAI User Agent Working Group <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
David Poehlman wrote:

> >     IJ: I see your point. What about something like this:
> >
> >     Allow the user to configure the user agent for notification
> >     of specific types of changes from a predefined set.
> >
> > Thanks again David,
> That sounds much better and accomplishes what I perceive to be the
> purpose.  I'd be interested in discussion on this to sort of flesh it
> out.

Here's another attempt at revised checkpoint 10.3 text:

  Allow the user to selectively turn on and off notification
  of common types of document and view changes.

[I hate to split the infinitive with the adverb, but it fits
 best between "to" and "turn"]

Then after the checkpoint:

  For example, to choose to be notified (or not) that a
  script has been executed, that a new window has been opened,
  that a pulldown menu has been opened, that a new frame
  has received focus, etc.

The techniques would list important changes, and I invite people
to contribute changes that they consider most important.

Tel/Fax:                     +1 212 684-1814