Re: some comments on text version of aug 9 guidelines draft

Thanks Ian!
a couple of things below their snipps.

>   IJ: I agree that could be a problem, but the same might be
>       said for scripts that are turned off but that perform
>       some vital function. Authors shouldn't write pages that
>       way.
>
>       I've just written a proposal to delete this checkpoint
>       in any case since I believe it's intention is covered
>       by a later checkpoint. Refer to [1]
>
>       [1]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/1999JulSep/0185.html

I believe you meant:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/1999JulSep/0212.html

thanks, this may spawn some doubt as to controlability as has already
been discussed.
Thanks!
>     IJ: I see your point. What about something like this:
>
>     Allow the user to configure the user agent for notification
>     of specific types of changes from a predefined set.
>
> Thanks again David,
That sounds much better and accomplishes what I perceive to be the
purpose.  I'd be interested in discussion on this to sort of flesh it
out.
Thanks again Ian.
---end of snipps and comments---

--